Employment Opportunities at Bondfield Construction
Construction SuperintendentEmployment Apply
$55,000 to $95,000
Terms of Employment
Permanent, Full Time, Overtime, 40 hrs/ week, Travel, Meal Allowance. Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible Location: Concord, Greater Toronto Area with Ontario placement.
Provide overall on-site management, administrative and technical direction on construction project site with values up to $100M. Enforce company and project policies and ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
As a senior member of a Project Site Team, your duties include being in charge of all on-site construction activities on a daily basis, performing all functions and responsibilities in accordance with Bondfield’s commitment to excellence, and assuring construction compliance with the design requirements.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the construction process from start to finish.
- Coordinate closely with the Project Manager and communicate with all project stakeholders.
- Correctly interpret plans and specifications according to scopes of work and ensure compliance with working drawings and specifications.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are respected and followed and project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and to manage subcontractor activities.
- Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities.
- Practice sound selection and hiring procedures.
- Assure compliance with project construction schedule budgets and assume responsibility for the commissioning of project systems.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project Quality Standards.
- Advise senior management of potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Ensure the implementation of Bondfield’s strict guidelines for Code of Conduct / Health and Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the job site and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Document and report all injuries; fill out Notice of Injury/Accident Reports.
- Ensure all required inspections have been performed, recorded and copies submitted to the project team.
- Ensure all record copies, warranties, manuals, operating instructions, and training, are submitted and delivered to appropriate personnel.
- Must exercise Due Diligence from a legal aspect.
It is essential that successful candidates enforce workplace safety at all times and ensure environmental aspects are considered on every job site. As required, assist in preparation of contract documents and contractor selection. It is equally important that contractor qualifications are verified and equipment certifications are in place. It will be the role of the Construction Superintendent to maintain a daily job history log throughout the project, inspect workmanship to ensure contractual or project requirements are met, identify the resources required to mitigate hazards and coordinate these resources and coordinate all issues pertaining to the disposal of wastes generated by the project.
Organize and conduct construction meetings along with minutes, as required. Maintains a flexible work schedule and may be expected to work outside normal hours.