What’s New at Bondfield Construction
Bondfield signed Hawkesbury hospital construction deal
Posted: Sep 11/14
Hawkesbury & District General Hospital recently signed a fixed-price contract with Bondfield Construction to build and finance the hospital’s expansion and redevelopment project using an Alternative Financing and Procurement process.
“We are one step closer to getting shovels in the ground,” said Suzanne Quesnel-Gauthier, Chairman of the Board of the Hospital.
Since all contractual steps have been completed, Bondfield will begin to mobile on site immediately.
The project includes a combination of renvoations and new construction at the hospital. Newly built features will include:
- a consolidated ambulatory care centre that will include specialty clinics, hemodialysis, cardiology services and medical day care
- an expanded complex continuing care unit
- a new perioperative department
- expansion of emergency services
- expansion of the intensive care unit
- development of the family birthing unit
- additional acute care in-patient beds.
Major renovations to the existing hospital will accomodate:
- a new mental health in-patient unit
- an expanded medical surgical unit
- a new operating room.
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care will work with Hawkesbury & District General Hospital to manage the renovation and new construction at the hospital, which will remain publically owned, publically controlled and publically accountable.
The contract commits Bondfield Construction to build and finance the hospital expansion for $125.7 million, which will be paid by the hospital when construction is completed.
The contract guarantees a fixed price and a fixed delivery date for the expansion and redevelopment of the hospital.
DCN NEWS SERVICES