Apparatus and Maintenance Facility for Brampton Fire and Emergency Services
City of Brampton
KNY Architects Inc.
Project Completion Date
Type of Contract
The A&M facility will be a part one storey, part two storey building with a total gross floor area (GFA) of approximately 30,000 sq. ft. This facility will consist of six (6) double depth apparatus repair bays, fabrication area, testing rooms, generator room, storage rooms, fitness room and various office/administrative spaces.
The scope of work also includes the restoration and realignment of an existing watercourse that runs through the property in order to remove the proposed building from the Regional storm flood plain.
Fire Apparatus and Maintenance (A&M) Facility to consist of the following program components:
- Apparatus maintenance garage area consisting of six (6) double depth bays (approximately 14,400 sq. ft.). Three of the bays will have vehicle lifts. Two of the bays are to be fully serviced with a 2 ton overhead crane. All six bays to be equipped with a vehicle exhaust extraction system.
- Adjacent to the garage will be support/storage areas including bulk oils/compressor room, hose room, tool crib, fabrication area and personal protective equipment (PPE) storage (approximately 2,400 sq. ft.).
- Office/administration areas including Division Chief office, Assistant Division Chief offices, emergency vehicle technicians (EVT) workstations, supply and equipment officer workstations, administrative assistant workstations, self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) testing room, resource room, training/boardroom, file storage and resource room (approximately 5,600 sq. ft.).
- Secured central storage area (approximately 5,900 sq. ft.).
- Employee amenity areas including male and female washroom/locker room, fitness room and lunchroom (approximately 1,700 sq. ft.).