Aurora Aquatic and Arena Centre
Town of Aurora
MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects (MJMA)
Project Completion Date
Type of Contract
The new Aquatic and Arena Centre maximizes the usage, pleasure and efficiency of the facility for a variety of uses including swimming competitions and lessons, lifeguard training, aqua-fitness programs, leisure swimming and ice-related activities.
- A 25m lap pool with 8 competitive swimming lanes and designed to allow filtration of natural light.
- A learning pool, which may be used for classes or warming up before competitions.
- For younger children and the young at heart, a leisure pool with wheelchair access provides a safe environment for children's first introduction to the water as well as fun for the whole family.
The new Ice Surfaces include:
- Twin Pad Rinks - each consisting of approx. 30,000 sq. ft. - with spectator seating, a warm viewing area, 12 dressing rooms and a pro shop
- Ice resurfacing room, service and storage space
Common Recreational Area includes:
- Administration, Snack Bar, Toddler, Pre-School and Meetings Rooms
- Storage Space and Washrooms
- Landscaping and site development
- Parking for 325 cars