Bracebridge Muskoka Lakes Joint Use Project
Secondary School and Community Centre
Trillium Lakelands District School Board
The Corporation of the Town of Bracebridge
CS&P Architects Inc.
Allen & Sherriff Architects
Project Completion Date
Type of Contract
The new BMLSS replaced the original school that was constructed in 1905, underwent several renovations and was built on 14 different levels.
The New Bracebridge and
Muskoka Lakes Secondary School (BMLSS)
- Size is approximately 165,000 square feet on 2 levels
- Triple gymnasium
- New biology, chemistry, physics labs
- State-of-the-art communications lab with television and radio broadcasting capability
- 4 new shops - (auto, 2 manufacturing, and construction)
- Easy access to a swimming pool and indoor recreation
- Shared spaces are the indoor track, aerobics room and weight training room
- Shared kitchen area with cafeteria and Recreation Centre auditorium
This project also includes a Community Centre and a Theatre.