The Ministry of the Attorney General
25 Grosvenor Co-Location Phase 2
Gensler Architecture and Design
Project Completion Date
Type of Contract
The project involves the interior renovations to the James Drew Building on the ground, 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 19th floors, new elevators and convenience stairs and minor renovations to the upper basement to serve the Clients requirements. In addition to these interior renovations there are minor site and façade improvements along the Grosvenor street address to update the new civic area and access requirements (the “Project”).
The Project will have staged elements in order to maintain the operational access to the building meeting the requirements of both the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS), MAG and CBRE Facilities Management.
The renovations to the James Drew Building are to be designed to obtain LEED Commercial Interiors (CI) Silver Certification.
Site development – paving, surfacing, hard and soft landscaping (Grosvenor Street);
- Tenant improvements to floors, upper basement ground, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 19th, (5,500 m2 approx.);
- Retrofit of the existing east parking garage to conditioned interior office space (700 m2 approx.);
- Structural enhancements to ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors to allow for installation of new access stairs and elevators;
- New access stairs to ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors; and
- Installation of new elevators to ground, 1st, 2nd and 3rd floors.